Work permits

Canada work permits are issued under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) by Canada immigration and Citizenship. The TFWP has four streams: high-skilled workers, low-skilled workers, the Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program, and the Live-In Caregiver Program. The Canadian work permit is divided into two which include are the “open work permits” and “employer-specific work permits.” With an open work permit, an applicant can work for any employer, but an employer-specific work permit allows the applicant to work for only one employer. It is required that you already have a job offer before applying for a work permit, although in some cases, you can apply for a work permit without a job offer.

2 Categories of Work permits


Labour Market Impact Assessment is required in order to get a work permit for a foreign national.

2. Program of International Mobility

Allows an employer to hire a temporary foreign worker without having to submit a LMIA.

Let us be your guide for work in Canada

Please fill our assessment form. We will contact you shortly.